|Cost|| 35 Food,|
|Upgraded From||Broad Swordsman|
|Cost to Upgrade||180 food and 60 gold|
The Long Swordsman is a melee infantry unit featured in Age of Empires and II. It is available in the Barracks during the Iron Age once the Broad Sword is researched. In order to research this technology, 180 food and 60 gold is required.
The Long Swordsman is simply a better version of the Broad Swordsman. It bears more hit points, attack, and armor. However by the time they can be trained there are better infantry unit choices at the Academy. They are good for massed attacks due to their cheap cost, though. The Long Swordsman can be upgraded to the Legion once Fanaticism is upgraded.
- Metalworking: Increases attack by 2 points.
- Scale Armor: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Bronze Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Logistics: Decreases population usage by 1/2.
- Metallurgy: Increases attack by 3 points.
- Chain Mail: Increases armor by 2 points.
- Iron Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Tower Shield: Increases pierce armor by 1 point.
- Can be upgraded to Legion which prerequires Fanaticism.
Civilization Bonuses Edit
- Choson Long Swordsman has +80 hitpoints.
- Roman swordsmen attack +33% faster
- Long Swordsman is not available for Egyptians, Greeks, Hittites, Macedonians, Palmyrans, Shang, and Yamato.
Unit Evolution: Long Swordsman
|Short Swordsman --> Broad Swordsman --> Long Swordsman --> Legion|
|Age of Empires Units|
|Age of Empires|
|Priest · Villager · Trade Boat · Merchant Ship · Fishing Boat · Fishing Ship · Light Transport · Heavy Transport|
|Infantry||Clubman · Axeman · Short Swordsman · Broad Swordsman · Long Swordsmen · Legion · Bowman · Improved Bowman · Composite Bowman · Hoplite · Phalanx · Centurion|
|Cavalry||Scout · Cavalry · Heavy Cavalry · Cataphract · Chariot · Chariot Archer · Elephant Archer · Horse Archer · Heavy Horse Archer · War Elephant|
|Siege Weapons||Stone Thrower · Catapult · Heavy Catapult · Ballista · Helepolis|
|Navy||Scout Ship · War Galley · Trireme · Catapult Trireme · Juggernaut|
|Rise of Rome|
|Armored Elephant · Camel Rider · Fire Galley · Scythe Chariot · Slinger|