The Storage Pit is a Stone Age building in Age of Empires. It is a key building for resource gathering as villagers can drop off Fish, Gold, Food, Stone and Wood. Upgrades to increase the efficiency of armor and weapons are also researched here starting from Tool Age to the Iron Age. Shield upgrades are not available for certain number of civilizations, such as the Egyptians and the Assyrians. Metallurgy is not available for Greeks and Phoenicians.
The technologies found in the storage pit are used to improve the overall stats of each unit in a specific category. Some technologies overlap other unit types. Many Iron Age technologies found here are needed in order to develop the ability to research powerful units.
- Toolworking - increases Attack of all units
- Leather Armor Infantry - increases Infantry armor
- Leather Armor Archers - increases Archers armor
- Leather Armor Cavalry - Increases Cavalry armor
- Bronze Shield - Increases Infantry defence against ranged weapons
- Metalworking - increases Attack of all units
- Scale Armor Infantry - increases Infantry armor
- Scale Armor Archers - increases Archers armor
- Scale Armor Cavalry - Increases Cavalry armor